Why Italy

Italy is a beautiful destination which offers everything from a historical capital, Rome, to beautiful beaches, historic monuments, culture and delicious culinary experiences. Italy has something incomparable to offer to every traveler looking to discover this wonderful and unique country.

Population of 60 Million
Official language is Italian
Warm and friendly hospitality
Advanced telecommunication network
Cyprus Flag Image
Stunning landscape
Highly developed infrastructure
Long Mediterranean coastline
Mountain and forest scenery
Italy is the third largest economy in the EU and 8th in the world in terms of GDP
Political regime of a parliamentary republic with a multi-party system

Italy Investment Programme

The “Investor Visa for Italy” was introduced in 2017. This program applies to nationals of non-EU member states who intend to make an investment or a donation in Italy. The minimum requirements can be any of the following:

Eligibility Criteria

  • €2,000,000 invested in government bonds.
  • €1,000,000 loan to an Italian limited company,
  • €1,000,000 philanthropic donation
  • €500,000 invested into an innovative start-up
  • Mediterranean Cuisine and Lifestyle
  • The Golden visa program is not available in Italy. Source: https://www.goldenvisas.com/italy

Frequently Asked Questions

With a simple scroll through our site, when you find a property you are interested in, make a note of the code number and contact us. Our professional team of experts can guide you in finding the best suitable property for your needs, following a process which is effective and transparent.

1. Is buying property in Italy a good investment?

Buying property in Italy is a safe investment due to the country’s uniqueness and relatively low interest rates. IMF declared Italy to be a safe country for investments in property. COVID-19 pandemic lead housing values to drop significantly.

2. Can foreigners buy property in Italy?

Foreigners who do not reside in the country can purchase property in Italy provided that there is an international treaty between their home country and Italy.

3. What’s the approximate cost of different properties in Italy?

The cost is dependent on the type of property as well as its location.

4. What kind of taxes and fees will I need to pay?

The fees can range between 9 – 15% for a non-resident, and can increase up to 20% on luxury properties. The fees are payable after completion of the acquisition.

The basic property tax in Italy (Imposta Municipale Unica is usually between 0.2% and 0.76% on the declared value of the property. For inhabitable properties or properties that are subject to restoration, the tax is reduced by 50%.

5. Do I have to pay annual property taxes?

90% of the IMU is paid by the 30th of June each year and the remaining 10% between the 1st and 20th of December. In case of a delay a surcharge of 200% is applicable.

6. Do I need an Italian bank?

It is highly recommended to open an account at a local bank as some notaries insist on transferring funds via local banks.

7. Can I purchase property in somebody else’s name?

You may purchase property in the name of a physical person (jointly) or under a corporation.

8. What happens if I change my mind?

If you have signed a contract and paid a deposit for a property, this is considered to be an official intent to purchase. It is important that you are absolutely certain that this is the property you want, and that you feel you are under no pressure to sign a contract and pay a deposit. Should you decide to withdraw from the purchase, you will lose your deposit.

9. What other costs are involved if I purchase property in Italy?

Notary fees are around 2%

VAT is 4% for main residence. For second home VAT is set at 10% and 20% for properties classed in tax categories A/1, A/8 and A/9.

Compromesso registration fees €380 plus a part payment of taxes

Translator fees are required if you do not speak Italian in order to understand legal deeds. Cost depends on the notary.

Technical report for the notary. €761 including VAT